Artwork, Illustrations and Photographs
Photographs/Halftone: All photos required a halftone for maximum printing clarity. A 133 line screen is our standard halftone. Photos with a high degree of contrast (highlights and shadows) will halftone better than flat, gray photos. Color photos that are dark will tend to print dark when a halftone is made.
Illustrations/Artwork: All illustrations or artwork should be supplied in black & white when ever the finished product is to be reproduced in black ink only. Be sure that all lines are dark and clean (no pencil or carbon shadings). If artwork is to be reproduced in full color then please send a chrome or clear glossy photo up to 8" x 10" in size for scanning.
Camera-ready Photos, Artwork, & Illustrations: Camera-ready copy should have the halftone of the photos, illustrations or artwork already positioned in place.
How to Submit Camera-ready Photos, Artwork, & Illustrations:
1. Decide where each photo, artwork, and /or illustration is to be located in the manuscript.
2. On the hardcopy, mark these locations to the size needed for each photo, artwork and/or illustration. Assign a different number to each location.
3. Using a soft-tip marker that will not "bleed" or a soft pencil that will not press through the photo, mark the back of each photo, artwork, and/or illustration with the same number assigned to its location on the hardcopy.
4. Continue to do this for all the photos, artwork and illustrations that will be used.
5. Do not glue the photos, artwork, and/or illustrations on the hardcopy.
Artwork and/or illustrations should be submitted in black ink on white paper. Pencil shading sometimes requires a halftone to be made in order to produce the desired result.